Everyday life is full of challenges and is anything but stable. It’s like a rocking ship during a storm that slips from one wave to another hoping to make it through, dreaming about a safe haven… Life can be rough around the edges. But with all its challenges hidden for us in its pockets, it still remains beautiful and worth fighting for.
What we have today can be long gone and forgotten tomorrow. Everything goes, everything changes moving forward and dissolving on the horizon of a new day to replace the previous one. But we need to remember are the things almost all of us have in life. We have to be grateful.
18 Little Things to Be Grateful for Today
1.You are alive and kicking!
2. You are lucky enough to see sunrise and sunset
3. You can hear ocean’s waves smashing against the rocks. You can hear birds singing
4. You can walk in a park feeling the sunlight on your skin and gentle wind playing with your hair
5. Hey! I bet you know full well what a chocolate cake taste like 🙂
6. You didn’t go to bed starving yesterday (unless you are on a strict diet by choice)
7. Today you woke up with a roof above your head
8. You have a broad choice of what to wear today
9. You are not scared for your life
10. You overcame some challenges and got valuable lessons from each given experience
11. You have your ambitions and the freedom to change your life by making new choices
12. You are strong and healthy. Even if you have a minor cough – you will get well in no time
13. You have good friends and relatives in your life. They miss you and wait for any opportunity to see you as often as possible
14. You have someone with whom you can share and recall funny stories from your past
15. You have access to clean and safe water
16. You have good access to medical services
17. Hey! You have internet (because you are reading this!) Just for a moment imagine your life without it…
18. You can read and discover countless worlds in any given book or story
I’m sure you can think of more perks your life gives you generously. Just make sure that you feel grateful and mindful about everything you have and your life. At some point in your life you either have great things you want or good reasons why you don’t want them…Nevertheless, don’t take what you have now for granted. There are more good things that will come to your life as long as you keep your positive attitude towards them.
By Lesya Li