🚦IMPORTANT UPDATE: submissions are now OPEN. Please, carefully read the guidlines before sending your stories to us. Thank you! 📬
Impactful storytelling and mindfulness is our beat. We like personal essays about major life transformations; advice pieces with actionable tips to improve health, happiness, relationships, communication, mental wellbeing. If the story is not about healthy living, it’s probably not for havingtime.
Have a story with a profound lesson to share? Welcome to the HavingTime family!
1. Pick a captivating title for that reflects upon the content of the post.
2. Share a story or a challenge that you’ve faced. What did you learn from it?
Here’s a formula. Tell the readers:
- What the article is about
- The benefits, what they will gain from reading it and open some loops
- The content including theory, practical applications, and examples
- Any exceptions, ways to practice and how they can find out more (opening more loops where appropriate and closing any that need closing)
Share an impactful story, with a robust and compelling lesson that other readers could relate to. A personal touch of unique life experience works better in articles than strictly logical, blunt and theoretical tips with a sense of pressing authority.
3. Offer practical insight focusing on helping readers to address similar challenges or help with their aspirations.
🚦Take a moment and think about what you would have wanted to know when you faced that challenge and shared it wholeheartedly. Tell us how you found your bliss, inspiration and what boosted your motivation. Please, make sure that the tone of your article is positive and inclusive.
4. Please, differentiate your post from similar ones that are already on the site. If you share your very own story with a blend of unique reflections, this will be sufficient enough to diversify it.
5. Please, do not submit posts that actively promote a product or service. We are more than happy to include links in your BIO, but if your post is only about a service or product that you offer, then we are unlikely to publish it.
How to Submit to HavingTime
1. Send Your full post with a working title within the body of an email
2. Pick the structure of your post yourself. We might change it where it makes sense, though.
3. The length of a story is between 600-1000 words.
4. Include relevant images for your post (send as separate files, not pasted within a doc.) Send only images that you own, or images found on pexels.com with the link to the photo source
5. Your bio within the body of an email (120 words) with links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter pages, in brackets: [http://facebook.com/HavingTime].
6. An email linked to your gravatar profile to use for your bio.
7. Send your post to our team: contributions [at] havingtime . com
Write “Contribution” followed by your post title in the subject line.
6. When your Guest Story goes live, link it back to your blog and share it via social media networks (Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or with your friends via e-mail) including StumbleUpon and Reddit. They will thank you later for that 🙂
If your article feels like a good fit for the blog this time around, you will get a response within 14 days. If you don’t receive a response, please feel try again with a different post.
We might ask you to revise to make your story stronger and more articulate, and the original title may be altered before the story goes live.
Your article may be edited for grammar, clarity, and overall style. Should there be any major changes, you will be asked to review and approve it beforehand.
Thank you for your wisdom, experience, and inspiration that you share with us.
We appreciate you!
If you’d like to become a top storyteller – then tell us!