Opportunity favors the bold – this is a lesson that I learned early on, and have used to guide the Virgin story. If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes – then learn how to do it later! – Richard Branson
Think of the most successful and accomplished people in the world. Who are they? What do successful people have in common? Some of the most successful entrepreneurs in the world are ridiculously good at catching and seizing great opportunities.
It took me years to realize that the best opportunities are when you can truly help solve another’s problem, in our case, using storytelling to heal and improve the overall wellbeing of our readers.
Below are a collection of quotes that emphasize the importance of seizing the opportunity.
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” —Thomas Edison
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” —Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
But out of all of the things that people—famous, influential, and otherwise—have to say, what makes some turns of phrase so powerful that they become mantras for generations? (source)
1. There are no mistakes, only opportunities – Tina Fey
2. The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity. – Peter Drucker
3. How much I missed, simply because I was afraid of missing it. – Paulo Coehlo
4. To dream by night is to escape your life. To dream by day is to make it happen. – Stephen Richards
5. Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage. – Victor Kiam
6. I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity. – Oprah Winfrey
7. Teachers open the doors, but you must enter by yourself. – Chinese Proverb
8. A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. – Winston Churchill
9. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. – Albert Einstein
10. You can’t outwit fate by standing on the sidelines placing little side bets about the outcome of life… if you don’t play you can’t win. – Judith McNaught